My birthday was this week. My “birthday season” is still going on. Here are a few things that have made this a fantastic birthday (and season), in no particular order:
- A surprisingly good meal at Plant. Surprising only because I didn’t think “red tofu curry” would be a terribly interesting dish, but it was as unique and artfully designed as all of their food.
- Chocolate truffles from The Chocolate Lounge, courtesy of a friend from work. I cannot believe I had never been there before. So good.
- A full day of my phone buzzing from constant birthday messages on facebook.
- I finally closed my crappy awful Wells Fargo bank account. Worst bank I have ever had, by far.
- A very perfect bright pink cardigan sweater – a gift from my boyfriend. I have no idea when I turned into a girl who likes pink, but I seem to have a lot of it around all of a sudden. And it seems to fill me with joy – maybe because it seems so unlike me.
- My favorite local swing band, Cry Baby, played at the Tuesday night Swing Asheville dance this week.
- A very happy ending for many who have suffered for far too long. Laboratory chimps get a new lease on life